Thursday, October 30, 2014

This Week In Science...

This week in science, we are starting the new week off on Thursday. That means all of my new lessons fall at the end of the week. Let's see what we can do...

Kinders- I can build a bridge for the three billy goats and explain how the goats go over using motion words.
First graders- I can learn tell the features that make birds... birds and research different bird breeds using a research book.

Vocabulary: vertebrate=an animal of a large group distinguished by the possession of a backbone 

Second graders- I can identify the three main types of clouds, know that clouds are made of water, and know that wind moves clouds in the sky.

Three types of clouds vocabulary link: Clouds and definitions link


Third graders- I can use property words and observation skills to detect calcite in rocks. I can identify basalt, limestone, marble, calcite and sandstone. I can observe bubbles when calcite is present.
Fourth graders- I can create a closed circuit using a schematic drawing and snap kits with a team. I can identify the components of my circuit. I can create a schematic drawing of the circuit my team built.

How do we separate rocks vocabulary:
evaporation= to convert into a gaseous state or vapors

What is Evaporation? Link

Fifth graders- I can continue to construct catapult/flipper systems to test the variable of height and length. I can use my observations to work as a team to figure out the perfect distance and height of our variable to scale the walls of our neighboring castles.

What is a variable? Vocabulary:
A Variable Powerpoint to Help Explain...

Be a Science Star!

Mrs. Heinrich